Job Title :
Hospital Affiliation :
Practice Name :
Orthopaedic Sports and Arthritis Surgery
Paoli, 19301 United States
Practice Website :
Years in Practice :
Areas of Expertise :
Arthroscopy, Arthroplasty, Sports and Arthritis Surgery
Thomas Jefferson University
Year Graduated :
Roanoke Medical School
University College Dublin
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Institute of Experimental Surgery, Harvard University
Board Certification :
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Faculty Appointments :
- Founder and Director of the Arthroscopy Research Institute
- Founder and Director of the AJR Foundation
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking on Arthroplasty and Arthroscopic Surgeries
Professional Society Memberships :
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Pennsylvania Orthopaedic Society, Arthroscopy Research Institute, AJR Foundation
- D. Baykal, K. Mansmann, J. Katta, and S. Kurtz, Novel Method to Quantify Wear of Hydrogels using Submerged Measurements. 24th European Conference in Biomaterials. (Sept. 4-9 Dublin 2011).
- D. Baykal, K. Mansmann, J. Katta, and S. Kurtz, Evaluation of Tribological Properties of CyborGel for Replacing Articular Cartilage. European Conference on Biomaterials (Sept. 4-9 Dublin 2011).
- Jayanth K. Katta, Michele Marcolongo, Anthony Lowman, Kevin A. Mansmann, Friction and Wear Behavior of PVA/PVP Hydrogels for Articular Cartilage Replacement. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research:
- K.A. Mansmann, “Operative Treatment of the Posterior Cruciate Ligament Deficient Knee,” in Knee Ligament Rehabilitation, Ed. by Robert Engles, P.T., A.T.C.; Churchill Livingstone, 1991.
Research Interests :
Developing Innovative Prosthetic Cartilage and Resurfacing Technologies that can be Implanted Arthroscopically.
Attributes Success To:
Committment to Innovation and Being Conservative
Road Biking, Skiing