Job Title :
Integrative Nutrition Therapist
Hospital Affiliation :
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia- Sports Medicine and Performance Cente
Practice Name :
Kimberly Cover Associates; Children's Hospital of Philadelphia- Sports Medicine and Performance Center
Exton, 19341 United States
Practice Website :
Years in Practice :
Areas of Expertise :
Integrative Nutrition, Eating and Exercise Disturbances, Sports Nutrition, Professional Counseling, Licensed Dietitian and Nutrition Therapy
University of Wisconsin-Madison (Bachelor of Science in Nutrition); West Chester University (MS)
Board Certification :
Licensed Professional Counselor; Registered Dietitian; Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics; Licensed Dietician and Nutritionist
Faculty Appointments :
- International Public Speaking
- Speaks at International Conferences; Researches, Develops and Conducts Group Presentations on Mindfulness, Sports Nutrition and Eating Disorders Across the Nation
Professional Society Memberships :
Supervisor for the International Association of Eating Disorders, Former Member of the United States Navy
Honors and Awards :
- Several Commendations from the United States Navy
- 2007 First book completed: The Penn Dining Survival Guide-disseminated to all the athletes.
- Hydration article submitted for 2008 Winter Lane Line, an electronic newsletter at http://www.dvmasters.org/newsletter.phpfor area Master’s Swimmer organization.
- Wrote “Treatment Tips and Recognition of Eating and Exercise Disturbances in Primary Care” for the 2008 Summer issue of County Medical Society's quarterly, Chester County Medicine.
- Building Block for Life.PNPG Publication. (2008, pp. 8-11)). “Motivational Interviewing in the Child or Adolescent with Disordered Eating.
- Reviewer for Pediatric Sports Nutrition Chapter for ASPENPediatric Nutrition Support Core Curriculumpublication—September 14, 2009
- Pediatric Adolescent Sports Medicine: Prevention of injuries Unique to the Youth Athlete; Selected Chapter: Medical Conditions which Impact Pediatric Rehabilitation; Nutrition Section, Kimberly Cover, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN (This is a home study course which is purchased thru the APTA- sports section)
- Cover, K., Hannah, M., & Barnes, M. (2012). A review and proposed treatment approach for the young athlete at high risk for the female athlete triad. ICAN, 4(1), 21-27
- Competed review of Adolescent Athlete Section of the new NCM for AND by request of Chris Rosenbloom, PhD, RD—November 2012
- Heckert, K., Sanner, N., & Cover, K. (2015). Eating Disorders Section of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Pediatric Nutrition Care Manual, Spring electronic publication.
- Cover, K. & Fink, C. (2018). Fueling Yourself from the Inside Out. (Interactive book for athletes combining performance enhancing concepts from sport nutrition and sport psychology—Ebook at kcacorner.com)
- Book, Dining Survival Guide, CHOP
- Book, Fueling Yourself from the Inside Out
Research Interests :
Primary Investiagor for IRB-approved research study sponsored by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Drexel University. Research purpose is to identify growth deceleration in adolescent athletes using old growth curve trajectories and correlate with eating disorder symptomology.
Previous research studies-
1-2005 survey with all 1100 University of Pennsylvania Athletes--38% return, used to build sports nutrition program.
2-Primary investigator in study to identify the prevelance of eating disorders in an adolescent population with cystic fibrosis.
Attributes Success To:
Being true to her heart's desire; she has followed her instincts and this has allowed her to have a career doing exactly what she loves.
Favorite Medical Journal :
Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Scrapbooking, Roller Blading, Yoga, Former Professional Gymnast