Job Title :
Hospital Affiliation :
St. Vincent's Hospital, University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Practice Name :
Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc.
Worcester, 01604 United States
Practice Website :
Years in Practice :
Areas of Expertise :
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
First Moscow Medical Institute
Year Graduated :
University of Massachusetts Medical Center (Child and Adolescent Psychiatry)
Board Certification :
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Double board certifications in General Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Faculty Appointments :
- Medical Director, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Professional Society Memberships :
American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Worchester Medical Society, Massachusetts Psychiatric Society, American Neuropsychiatric Association
Honors and Awards :
- Doctor Franklin Perkins School - Client Services Award 1995-1996
- YOU, Inc. - Courage and Dedication in Improving The Lives of Children and Families Award 2005
- Worcester District Medical Society - 25 Year Fellowship Certification 2011
Teaching and Speaking :
- Participation in teaching and mentoring activities for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellows at UMass Medical School.
- Ongoing training of staff at YOU, Inc. in areas of Psychopharmacology, Substance Abuse Treatment, diagnostic evaluations, family work etc.
- Teaching Clinical Nurse Specialist Interns from various universities as part of an extensive Internship program through YOU, Inc.
- Providing educational seminar for non-psychiatric professionals on issues of diagnosis, treatment and system involvement for children and adolescents with mental disorders.
Philanthropic Initiatives :
Participation in various fundraising activities, contributions to non-profit organizations supporting children and families in the communities, such as United Way.
Attributes Success To:
Dedication, perseverance, positive outlook, optimism and appreciation of teamwork.
Place of Birth :
Favorite Medical Journal :
Journal Of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry